CREATING A JOB POSTING
1. First, you must create an account.
2. Login to your LANC Employer Account.
3. On the navigation bar, click Post Jobs.
4. Enter Organization Name and Career Title as you would like for it to be seen by potential applicants.
5. You can either copy & paste or type in the Job Description
*Remember that holding the shift button, while hitting enter will move the line down a single space.
6. You can either copy & paste or type in the Position Requirements.
7. Enter the name of the direct supervisor for this position. If there is not a direct supervisor for this position, then enter N/A.
8. Enter the required range for Years of Experience. Entering the preferred range for Years of Experience here, will limit the number of potential applicants who view your listing.
9. Enter the minimum amount of education required for this position
10. Select Career Type. If you are unsure of the career type, then it is best to select Other until you are certain.
11. Select the Pay Type. Please check only the box that corresponds to how this position will pay.
12. If the position is with a government/public service agency, then check the box.
13. Select the industry this position falls within. A minimum of one industry must be selected.
14. Select the function(s) this position performs. A minimum of one function must be selected.
15. Select either a salary or hourly pay range, based upon the Pay Type box you selected earlier
16. If there is additional pay information you wish to provide, then copy & paste or type it into the box provided.
17. When you complete this page and are ready to proceed, click “Save & Continue”
18. Select Online Application if you want to receive electronic applications thru LANC. Select Offline Applications if you want applicants to apply by any other means (phone, fax, snail mail, or email).
19. Enter the email address that you would like LANC to forward inquiries from applicants.
20. Check this box if you want to filter responses. Filtering responses will flag all resumes that do not meet the minimum requirements specified in the following fields.
21. Check this box if you DO NOT want organization information to be included with this listing. This excludes any organization information that you may have entered in the Job Description and Position Requirements sections of the listing.
22. Enter the name of the person to contact about this position. If you do not wish to provide that information, then type N/A
23. Enter the website of the organization offering the position.
24. Enter the organization’s address. For any field that you do not wish to display, enter N/A. State, is the only field that you must enter information other than N/A. If you have checked the confidential box, none of following information will be displayed in this job posting.
25. Enter in your organization’s fax number. You may leave this field blank.
26. When you have completed this page and ready to proceed, click Save & Continue
27. Select the length of time that you would like to list the job.
28. Any additional information you would like to provide either about the organization or the position can be uploaded.
Click browse, and navigate to the document you wish to upload and double-click the name of that document.
29. When text has been entered to the left of the Browse button, then a file was selected.
30. If you have already uploaded an organization logo, then check the Use profile logo box.
31. If you have not already uploaded an organization logo, but wish to do so:
Click browse, and navigate to the document you wish to upload and double-click the name of that photo.
When text has been entered to the left of the Browse button, then a file was selected.
32. When you are finished with this page and ready to proceed, click Save & Continue. This will take you to the payment page. For instructions on how to pay see, “How to Pay”
33. If you wish to add application questions, for job ads with LANC online applications (allowing job seekers to apply for jobs online, through LANC), click Save & Add Application Questions
There are 3 question types that you can create:
2. Multiple Choice
3. User Input
34. Type your question in the Question box.
35. Select the question type
36. You can create up to 5 questions for each job posting.
Once you click in a Question box, or click the Question Type drop down, then the Show Question box will automatically be checked.
37. If you do not wish to display a question, then uncheck the box.
38. Once you are done creating questions you wish to ask applicants, then click Save & Continue to proceed to the Answer section of the Application Questions Section.
39a. If you have selected a Yes/No question, then there is nothing that needs to be completed in the Answer section.
39b. If you have selected a User Input question, then there is nothing that needs to be completed in the Answer section.
39c. If you have selected a Multiple Choice question, then the Answer Section will provide 6 boxes in which you can create answers. It is not necessary to use all 6 boxes
40. Once you are done creating answers you wish to ask applicants, then click Save & Continue to proceed to the Preview section.
41. The Preview section gives you an opportunity to see the questions exactly as the potential applicants will see the questions.
42. If you wish to change an answer, then click on Answers
43. If you wish to change a question, then click Questions
44. If you are satisfied with the way the both the question and the answer appears, then click Done to complete the Application Question Section. This will take you to the payment page. For instructions on how to pay see, “How to Pay”